Sunday, April 4

Happy Christ has Risen Day!!


I had so many Easter recipes to choose from to post today, it was really hard to decide...
Max and I worked hard on these cute little guys. They were made for the girls at work and I'm guessing they were good since they were gone by lunch time. That really doesn't say much for them though...you put food out and they will come. :) It all works perfect with my desire to put food out, I love it! This was my first time working with Royal Icing. There is a Wilton class that I believe you take after the first one, but I only got through that first class :(. I guess that means I'll either eventually get there, or I'll teach myself. It wasn't too hard and the results are awesome. I learned a bit and can't wait to try it again! My "Easter Sweetie" even bought me some new piping bags this weekend because the Ziploc makeshifts were really hard to work with!

A really good Sugar Cookie Recipe-
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ t. almond extract
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
2 ½ c. sifted flour

Directions:
Cream butter. Add powdered sugar. Blend in egg, almond extract, vanilla, salt and flour. Chill dough until firm. Roll to ¼” thickness on well-floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 min. Cookies should not brown. Frost and decorate when cool. Yields ~40 cookies.

Royal Icing-
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 tbsp. meringue powder
5 tbsp. water

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the sheen has disappeared and the icing has a matte appearance (about 7-10 minutes).

Annie's-Eats does a really good tutorial on royal icing if you want to check it out and try yourself! The Recipes are from her too!

Christ has Risen, Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails