Thursday, July 22

Avocado Dressing

I know it hasn't been that long since I posted something green but, as my obsession continues, I actually had to force myself to hold off on posting this recipe. I have made it twice already since last week and I can really see myself using this one for life! It not only satisfied my craving for a creamy dressing, it's dairy free, full of good fats, and really is good for you! It is a good substitute for ranch dressing and that not only comes from me but also from P!! Yes, as shocking as it is, P actually likes it! I never would have dreamed he would eat anything with avocados in it- as a matter of fact any time I put avocado on my food he exclaims "ewww, you have some green fungus growing on your food," as if he has never seen me eat it. Crazy guy. So all that to say, even if you are not an avocado lover, you just might like this one! Give it a try, I'm so glad I discovered it!

Avocado Dressing
recipe from Elana's Pantry

Ingredients:
1 avocado
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Directions:
1.Place avocado, olive oil, lemon juice and water in blender or food processor
2.Puree until smooth then blend in salt and pepper. (I used a bit more salt, taste and judge for yourself!)

It's been a while since I posted a picture of Kaepo and I am loving this one...He is actually chomping on a carrot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails