Tuesday, July 6
recipe adapted from Super Heatlhy Kids
1 can refried beans
1 clove garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 dash pepper
1 tsp baking powder
1 TBL olive oil
1 1/2 C bread crumbs (I used organic cornbread stuffing that was processed in the food processor till fine crumb texture)
1. In a food processor put onion, and garlic. Process till finely chopped. Add the beans.
2. Mix together the rest of the ingredients minus the bread crumbs. Add this to the bean mixture.
3. Slowly add 1 C breadcrumbs until you get a thick consistency that will easily shape. Putting it in the fridge for a bit will help this too.
4. Shape into nuggets and coat each nugget with the remaining 1/2 C breadcrumbs.
5. Bake in oven 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The nuggets will get a crispy outside and harden a bit more in the middle.
6. Dip in some good organic ketchup and enjoy!! :)