Monday, September 27

Chocolate Mousse Pie

You are NOT going to believe what this pie is made of...

Before I get to the pie, since I have neglected my "wannabechefmysti" blog-life it is only customary for me to apologize, yet again (as I'm sure this will not be the last time I do) for not posting. I am going to move forward with the intent to post out of desire instead feeling obligated. With that said, I regret to inform you that there have been quite a few GOOD recipes created in my kitchen lately that won't be blogged about! I guess you'll have to come visit me to find out the mysteries that happen in my mysti-cal kitchen.

Now onto the pie. Believe it or not, I can't recall ever making a chocolate pie! Please correct me if you find I am wrong...I seem to recall very few pies in my cooking life mainly because pies are normal. I tend to stray on the more different side. I guess this weekend I was feeling normal...or not?! I'd have to say this particular pie is NOT normal. P was thoroughly pleased with the results and he still has yet show suspicion in the ingredient list, I plan on keeping it that way. Please don't be skeptical after reading the recipe, live on the "wild side" and give it a go!

Chocolate Mousse Pie

Ingredients:
1 block firm silken tofu (GASP!)  (12.5 oz - card board container)
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (of course the kind without hydrogenated soybean oil it it!)
1 Tbs honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 graham cracker crust (of course, I made my own)

Directions:
1. Microwave the chocolate chips in minute intervals, mixing in between. It only took mine a minute and 45 seconds. Don't over microwave them because, believe me, it ruins them.
2. Poor the rest of the ingredients in with the melted chocolate chips and blend together. I found that using my hand held blender worked really well and it made for an easy clean up. Just don't blend your finger.
3. Poor the mixture in your crust, refrigerate for at least 2 hours so the pie will "set-up".


On the school front, P has been living the life of a student....studying, studying, studying. Kaepo has to remind him that there are times for breaks, especially when it involves him!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails