Tuesday, April 13

Turkey Tenderloin Kebabs

P and I don't get to grill very often, we live in an apartment complex, and I don't have to say anymore! Every once in a while (and it's been a while) we will sneak over to my parents and use their gas grill! This past weekend we did just that. As I washed my car, P was able to get a few things grilled for our weeks meals! YES!
I haven't ever heard of turkey tenderloin before and when I found it on a good sale at Randall's I thought, eh why not? We usually buy pork tenderloin, and we love that, so I thought this may be as good. I used a Greek marinade I found on Cookinglight.com and added some zucchini and made a kebab! They turned out pretty darn good, much like pork surprisingly. We had the kebabs with homemade Naan (I will share that new awesome recipe soon!) and a red pepper Greek yogurt mixture.


Turkey Tenderloin Kebabs
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pound turkey tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into (1/2-inch-thick) slices

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to combine. Add turkey to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate turkey in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.

Remove turkey from bag; discard marinade. Thread the turkey and zucchini, alternately onto each of 4 (8-inch) skewers.
Heat a grill. Add skewers; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.

After getting home with the grilled food I was kind of saddened. The thought of not being able to hop on over to my mom's house whenever I want (even to grill!) kind of made the fact that we are moving a little more real. I also put in my resignation at work yesterday and that made it official...Although i am a bit sad, I must say there is excitement in my emotions as well! Excitement for my husband and the possibilities of growth at DTS, excitement for a new city and what God may have for us there...and I can't help but think of the opportunities I will have to shop at new natural food markets...I've already done the research and there are 3 new (to me!) ones besides Whole Foods...I may go a little crazy!!

Prayers are welcome for our transition...it's going to happen fast!

2 comments:

  1. Oh How I will miss you.....just knowing you are not around the corner... the turkey tenderloin kebab looks delish....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum-O!!!!!! I will miss you too... when need to get together SOON! do you have an official leaving day? julie

    ReplyDelete

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails