Saturday, July 10

Cumin Avocado Dip

I am absolutely attracted to anything green these days. I think the green sensors in my eyes are on overdrive or something. My kitchen is done in mostly green, I continually buy green foods in the grocery because "they look so good!", I tried to convince P to get a green button down shirt the other day, I covered my desk with green sticky notes at work because they were just so pretty, GREEN GREEN GREEN! One green thing that has always been a favorite of mine even when my favorite color was yellow is avocados. Just the name rolling of my tongue makes me melt. They are definitely up there on my all time favorite foods, along with salmon, sweet potatoes, and peanut butter. And as you could have probably guessed, if you know him at all, my husband despises anything green. I'm doing good by getting green beans, broccoli, and lettuce in him. But hey, we are learning that opposites find more joy in each others differences and we like it!
Now, on to those avocado's. I continually get people who are saying "no" to the luscious fruit and it makes me sad. The difference between good fat, bad fat, apparently doesn't register to most people and I'm here to say avocado's should not be shunned. THEY ARE GOOD FAT PEOPLE!!! With all that said, try out this recipe for Cumin Avocado Dip and if you like my green friend "the avocado" you will fall in love with this dip! Seriously, I could bathe in it!!

Cumin Avocado Dip

Ingredients:
3 tbs plain fat-free yogurt
1/4 of a bunch of fresh cilantro
1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt or a bit more if your a salter
2 ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbs homemade salsa (recipe to come!)
soemtimes I put 1/2 a jalapeno in there but it depends on your desired heat!
 
Directions:
Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
 

5 comments:

  1. OMG... you got my 2 favorite things in one Cumin and Avocado... I love them both but never ever tried them together, unless they were in some salsa with tomatoes, peppers etc where their identities were lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This sounds amazing! My hubby loves avocado, so I think this would be a hit at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to eat fat, best that it's the good kind. Definitely avocado is loaded with it. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh I'm going to make this when my dad comes tomorrow. P is allergic to avocados so he can't partake. I use green pens at work...unless it's something I need to give to someone else. There's something about the ink that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post!! It is so the you that I remember! :) I too am a huge huge huge fan of avocados, and any recipe for guacamole that I can find, I take it! Never been a fan of cumin, but maybe I will add some in next time. I'll try making it your way. Again, wonderful post. Keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails