Tuesday, July 13

Restaurant Salsa

I could, without a doubt, live off of salsa and tortilla chips. Both P and I are connoisseur of chips and salsa. We could tell you our favorites and exactly why they are the best around. We have had them for our entire meal countless times and if I ever don't feel like cooking (which DOES happen) chips and salsa is our back up! :)
There are SO many salsas out there. You just go into the grocery store and there is almost a whole isle devoted to them it seems like. Green, red, hot, mild, chunky, fruity... any kind you could want or dream. No matter how many we have tried, the simple homemade salsa always satisfies. I love this recipe because it is so versatile. I can almost always make it with the things I already have in my kitchen and it takes literally 5 minutes to whip up. I call it "restaurant salsa" because we really think it resembles that type of salsa! Give it a try, we know you will like it!

Restaurant Salsa
recipe adapted from my sisters recipe!

Ingredients:
1/2 white onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 28oz. can of whole tomatoes
1 jalapeno (or I have made it with chipotles and it turned out great too!)
1 tsp or more of salt
1 tsp cumin

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and go!!

Don't let this recipe hold you back though, as you can probably tell, there are so many things you can substitute or change out based on your preference!

1 comment:

  1. Yummo! I am so looking forward to trying out this recipe. I've never made homemade salsa, but you make it sound so deliciously easy! I'm a HUGE fan of your blog!!! Keep the posts coming!!!

    ReplyDelete

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails