Friday, July 2

Greek Yogurt Egg Salad

Not sure why but, creamy things have been on the brain lately. Every recipe I see a picture of and want to make has mayo in it. YUCK. When I see mayo on the ingredient list it almost makes me want to Ralph! I move on and continue to search through recipes getting caught by those traditionally creamy, mayo laden, stomach churning, barf fest, recipes!! That is until I found this one. Like I said before, we have been avoiding meat for lunch, eggs have been a recent protein discovery in lunch for me. Most people would be appalled. EGGS? They are bad for you!!! High in cholesterol, high in fat, why eggs? Well, let me be the first to tell you that eggs are climbing back into the ranks as a healthy food. SHOCKER, I know. Do your research and you will find this out. I love eggs, usually not boiled but this recipe has changed my ways. It's creamy, it's "eggy", it's flavorful, and it's on my sandwich-good! I packed a few servings of this with some veggies for my lunches this week and was truly satisfied. No mayo, no up-chucking, give it up for Greek Yogurt Egg Salad!!!

Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
recipe adapted from Eat My Charlotte

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1/4 cup Fat Free Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
dash of lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/4 cup chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel. For faster cooling, place the eggs in an ice bath before peeling.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, dill, and green onions. Add a squeeze of lemon juice. Chop the eggs into big chunks and mix gently with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails