Saturday, August 14

Creamy Balsamic Dressing

Creamy dressings are good, it's a fact. The thing is...they aren't necessarily good FOR you. Most are filled with things I can't pronounce, and dairy (which I despise). Unfortunately, my cravings are unstoppable and I all I keep thinking about is creamy, creamy, creamy!! The avocado dressing satisfied, and it will continue to, but for something more tangy I had to find a creamy balsamic that rivaled the dairy/unknown ingredient laden dressings you find at restaurants and in those plastic bottles at the grocery store! Something about that creamy balsamic clings to spinach leaves and counter balances sweet fruit in salads like non-other. My goal this weekend was to find a substitute that I could make at home! Unlike many seemingly unattainable food goals I have, this one was easy and simple and I must say incredibly satisfying! There is yogurt in this recipe and I know most dairy free people would be horrified to know that I don't consider it in my "dairy" category, only because my lactose free body can actually stomach it. For reasons beyond me, I can eat yogurt and because I can, I am! A few more simple ingredients in this oh so yummy dressing finishes it off and if your interested in trying it keep reading!

Creamy Balsamic Dressing
recipe adapted from Salad in a Jar

Ingredients:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt (may substitute regular nonfat yogurt but finished product will be a little different)
1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.

Directions: (hard ones at that!)
Mix well. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails