Friday, December 10

Freshly Ground Peanut Butter!


Christmas treat testing is actually coming to a close!! I only have one more week until the bake-a-thon happens. Crazy. This next recipe is not really a recipe...but I am love with the end result. A few years ago my Mimi let me borrow her heavy duty, major, mumbo jumbo, juicer. You would think that juicing yummy fruits and veggies would be the most "fruitful" thing that resulted from my borrowing but, no. The only thing that I really use it for (which is actually quite often) is peanut butter!! We have had the pleasure of fresh ground peanut butter for a few years and I don't think that there is any possible way to turn back. It baffles me to think that people actually consider the store bought (I wont mention any brands) kind, peanut butter! Its a crying shame!!

A few days ago I decided to do a fun taste test. I prepared 4 different kinds of peanut butter after grinding a big batch and had them ready for P when he got home that evening from babysitting. Yes, my husband babysits! :) (you got to do what you go to do right?)

Each bowl had a different colored toothpick that I strategically labeled on my dry erase board.

Green = Maple Peanut Butter

Red = Cinnamon Peanut Butter

Yellow = Coffee Peanut Butter

Blue = Spicy Peanut Butter


I was so pleased when my husband came home and was really excited about doing the taste testing. After the round of tests, of course one weighed out to be the best and the bowl was then devoured! haha That's when I decided this particular flavor would be given as gifts! Now who wouldn't want gourmet freshly ground peanut butter as a gift??

You might be wondering which flavor won...I think I may keep it a secret till I pass them out at Christmas! :) I must say thought, none of the flavors were rejected!! Peanut butter rains supreme in our house!

1 comment:

  1. Love your posts! If you ever need a second opinion or dispose of your current taste tester from duty, I volunteer. :)JM

    ReplyDelete

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails