Thursday, May 21

Mallow-licous!


I could not wait to post this!!! I actually made marshmallow creme today..all without corn syrup! Today's project was something I have been waiting to try for a while. My digital thermometer broke a while ago and I haven't been able to bring myself to buying another one. Who needs to buy when you can steal/sneak one from your mom's house?? :) So I finally got my hands on a thermometer and tried making marshmallow creme today...it really worked like magic in my mind...those giddy tingles you get when excitement overwhelms you were def. working today!

I paired this yummy mallow creme with a recipe for soft chocolate cookies. I can't help but gloat on this one, they look cute, they were fun to make, and the P-rating was outstanding. What more could you ask for? okay okay, calorie free would top it off but sorry to say, its not happening!

I thought this picture was cool bc the marshmallow gets stiffer after letting it sit..so it had dripped and flipped!

Soft Chocolate Cookies (I'm sure are good without the creme as well!)
Ingredients:
1 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork if desired. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are firm. Remove to wire racks.

Mallow Creme
Ingredients:
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
1 unflavored gelatin (2 1/2 teaspoons)
1/3 cup cold water, for gelatin, plus 1/4 cup for syrup
1 cup sugar

Directions:
In the bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup cold water. Allow gelatin to soften, about 5 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water and sugar, and stir over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved. Stop stirring, and place a candy thermometer into sugar water; wipe sides of pan with a wet brush if sugar crystals have splattered up. Boil sugar until temperature reaches the soft-ball stage (238 degrees). Remove syrup from heat; add to softened gelatin. Using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer, hand-stir the mixture a few minutes to cool; place bowl on the mixer stand. Beat on medium high with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form and the marshmallow mixture holds shape, 8 to 10 minutes.


On another note...P and I are moving in 3 weeks! We confirmed an apartment this week and I'm super excited because it is so much bigger, is on the bottom floor, and has wood floors!! :) Not to mention its brand new!! woohoo..

Lastly- please be praying- I have a BIG job interview next week for a company that I really want to work for, doing a job that I really want to do...I know, I know, that tells you A LOT! Will definitely provide more details if it comes true..just know that I will be doing something I LOVE at this job...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails