Saturday, March 27

It's for a good cause!!


As you probably already know my husband was accepted to Dallas Theological Seminary! I decided since this graduate adventure is starting I must find a way to raise money...it will probably be a pretty expensive 3 years but undoubtedly worth it!
We are in the process of deciding for sure if we are actually moving to Dallas, it seems more and more like we will. Financial Aid is better there, P will be able to attend school during the day, more accountability, and lots of other reasons. Weather we go to Dallas or not, tuition and books are not in our current budget and it's looking like fitting them into our budget, there will be a need for some big changes! All this said, I am starting a little early and have decided to make some fun heat bags to start supporting my dear husbands decision! I have made SO many of these as gifts and have had a few requests lately to make them for others to give as gifts! I have one of my own that I sleep with EVERY night without fail...P knows when its time to go to bed my "cinnamon thing" should be in the microwave stat! Something about a warm pillow sooths anything no matter what ails you!
I added a little presentation to the bag with a poem...

This little pillow filled with wheat,
is such a comfort that can't be beat.
Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes
on HIGH and kiss those aches and pains goodbye.
Apply it to a troubled spot,
the heat will ease the pain a lot.
Or warm those little toes, so cold.
You'll find this nice to have and hold.
Or freeze it for a little while,
and fix that boo-boo up in style.
Instead of a compress made of ice,
use this pouch that feels so nice!


I found a poem similar to this a few years ago when I made the bags for Christmas...not sure where I got it, but I tweaked it to suit the cute bags! The fabric changes all the time, the ones in the picture is just a few I have been making lately! They are filled with buckwheat and that's it...the microwave brings out a somewhat cinnamon smell to them which is why I call it my "cinnamon thing"...my mom calls hers a "bean bag, duck bag, and a number of other weird things." Call it what you like, they are awesome!

If your interested in getting one or two please email me!! I am selling them for $15 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails