Monday, June 27

Double-Take Chocolate Chip Cookies

With more time in the kitchen lately I have been eager to make more than my husband can consume in a decent amount of time. I made these on a whim one week day night, P wanted a dessert, I started baking! However, I think after experience from this recipe, I will start halving my batches. Either that or bringing some to my neighbors...By the second or third night of him indulging in something I am ready to make something new! This batch lasted him more than a week and that's with him having "one-and-a-half servings" on some nights! P seems to think if he does something extra special, or he gets his dessert later than usual he deserves "one-and-a-half servings". It's kind of a joke around our house, I automatically retaliate with a small morsel on his dessert plate! :) I guess that's where he got the idea of the "pose" for this picture. You can't hide a half eaten cookie from me! He makes me smile...

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe adapted from fulltreasureofhappiness

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
3/4 C sugar
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla
1/3 C cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 large egg
1 C all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 whole-wheat pastry flour)
1/2 t baking soda
1 C bittersweet chocolate chips (don't tell P but I used vegan carob chips instead! thats all I had!)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder, and eggs together until combined.
2.Add the flour, baking soda, and chocolate chips and mix well.
3.Roll out the cookie dough into balls and flatten on an oiled cookie sheet. Leave enough space for the cookies to spread, because they get rather large. I made 18 largish cookies.
4.Bake them for 10 minutes and remove from the oven. They will look like they aren’t done! Let them sit on the cookie sheet for at least five minutes before touching them–that’s where they will finish baking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may enjoy these as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails