Light Wheat Pizza Crust (with vegan toppings)
1 Grapefruit size ball of dough straight from the fridge*
Tomato sauce (I used tomato paste watered down with Italian seasonings and garlic added)
Morningstar Veggie Grounds
I recommend having your toppings (whether they are the fun vegan ones I have suggested or not!) ready before you pull out your dough or get the ready while your dough rests.
1. Dust surface of dough with flour. Stretch surface of dough on each side and tuck under, creating a round, ball with a taut surface. Cover the dough and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
2. With floured hands flatten dough ball a little, carefully stretch dough in a circle until you can stretch on your fists into a round shape. The thinner you can get the dough without tearing, the better. You can use rolling pin (esp if your dough is still a little cold). If dough is difficult to stretch or roll, let it sit and relax for 10 more minutes. Make sure your pizza round will fit on your pizza stone!!
3. 20 minutes before you want to bake preheat your oven and your baking stone. Crank up your oven to its highest setting (usually most ovens go up to 500F) and insert your baking stone.
4. If you have a pizza peal feel free to use it to slide the pizza onto the preheated stone after you have topped it. If not (i definitely don't) pull out the pre-heated stone and place your pizza dough on top.
Work quickly by putting your toppings on the stretched pizza dough. Sauce, cheese, then "meat". The fewer the ingredients the better, I think! (simple is good!)
5. Place pizza back in oven and cook for 7-10 minutes or until your cheese is bubbly and crust is tanned.
6. Slice**, serve and smile!
*Use the same no-knead dough recipe as the Naan I made before.
** A tip for those that don't have a pizza slicer- I use scissors :)
After finding this crust recipe, I wouldn't even mind having it once a week!!